Hello, I'm Andrew. I'm a UCD undergrad in my third year, double majoring in Political Science-Public Service and Economics. I've been in an intern in the state legislature and Congress. I currently work for the California Energy Commission in Sacramento. I'm a total politics junky and policy wonk.
I'm from SoCal originally, but I love it here in Davis. SOOOOO glad I picked it over Berkeley, though the Regent's Schoalrship that UCD offered me also made the decision quite easy. Being close to Sacramento—but in a quaint, bikeable small town is great.
Other miscellaneous things about me:
- I used to play viola in the UCDSO, but I stopped as of this year. The time commitment was becoming a drag; there have been so many classes that I haven't been able to take because of schedule conflicts with rehearsal.
- I also play violin, bass guitar, and ocarina (on the iPhone, that is, lol).
- I'm a fanatic of strategy games—board games and computer games, alike. Settlers of Catan, Risk, Carcasonne, Age of Empires, Civilization... I could go on and on.
- I like to keep in shape by running, swimming laps, and hitting the gym.
- I can't go 20 minutes without thinking or saying something ironic.
I enjoy messing with people's perceptions:
- Depending on what I'm wearing for the day, I dress like a SoCal surf rat but I've been extremely academically-focused my entire life.
- People who first get to know me think I'm uptight, but I get enjoy getting drunk at parties, I don't mind when other people smoke pot around me, and go on random adventures for the hell of it.
- I'm gay, but I pass as straight without even trying. Coming out was pretty much a complete surprise to everyone I know.
- I'm a total nerd, but I'm also quite fit.
Oh, and one other thing: I'm single and quite eager to change that. Meeting gay guys who are "my type" here in Davis has proven to be quite the challenge. Any advice or interest on how to fix that is quite appreciated ;)