Describe Users/CrystalWalker here.
2010-05-13 23:20:20 Welcome to the wiki. You might not realize that everyone can see all of the edits that you made. They can see that you made up a comment and edited comments to say things other than what their original authors said. This practice is highly frowned upon. Please read Welcome to the Wiki/Business Owner. It will give you helpful suggestions for how to edit wiki pages without clashing with established wiki norms. —CovertProfessor
2010-05-13 23:31:35 Oh, and everyone can also see that you have already been told this all before. So, why did you do it again? Did you think you'd get away with it the second time? Do you realize how shady you are making this business look? —CovertProfessor
2010-05-13 23:57:28 You should think before you speak out of turn like that. Your judgmental and self righteous attitude is off putting. —CrystalWalker
2010-05-14 01:24:53 With all due respect Crystal, you were making shady edits before CovertProfessor even posted a comment to you. You had changed other peoples comments on the Lasting Impressions Salon page. He'd tried to change them back but you did it some more. Its pretty easy to see. Just go to the Recent Changes tab and scroll down to the see your name attached to the edits. —jefftolentino
- Better yet, check out Info from Lasting Impressions. It has the whole string of changes. —jefftolentino
2010-05-14 08:34:53 Crystal, being loud and offensive over on CP's page isn't going to change the fact that your edits have gone against every norm on the wiki. I highly recommend taking a wiki chill pill, stepping away from the computer for a few days, and coming back for a fresh start next week without the ridiculous edits. This is a very friendly and helpful group of people, and when you've ruffled this many feathers, you can be pretty sure that you're doing something wrong. —TomGarberson
- Right On, Crystal: "2010-05-14 00:06:07 Your judgmental and self righteous attitude is off putting. What sort of chicken s*** doesn't even let it be known who they are when they sit in judgement of others? It's a long way to fall from the top of that pedestal you've put yourself on. —CrystalWalker" —These guys like to hide behind their wiki personas, and you smoked 'em out, it would appear, hehe. —BrianOrr
2010-05-14 20:48:31 Please do show me which comment of someone else's that I have edited. Also, if you can explain why you changed people's signed comments to say something other than what the person intended them to say (since you seem to be suggesting that things are not as they appear — i.e., that you were not shilling for a business, even though it appears so), you should definitely say so. Perhaps we would understand. We're an understanding bunch, even after we've been called a chicken s***. —CovertProfessor
2010-05-14 21:02:50 A comment on your own page... Are you so self important that you don't remember??
2010-05-14 00:06:07 Your judgmental and self righteous attitude is off putting. What sort of chicken s*** doesn't even let it be known who they are when they sit in judgement of others? It's a long way to fall from the top of that pedestal you've put yourself on. —CrystalWalker
2010-05-14 00:04:55 Your [adjective] and [adjective] [noun] is off putting. What sort of [animal] [bodily function] doesn't even let it be known who they are when they sit in a [container] of others. It's a long way to [verb] from the top of that [object] you've put yourself [preposition]. —CrystalWalker —CrystalWalker
2010-05-14 21:08:59 "We would understand We're an understanding bunch" Is that the imperious we?? —CrystalWalker
- The Covert P. and his covert cohorts are never overt in person, I bet. Here they can clump together behind the Royal We and luxuriate in judgment. Good job, Crystal. These guys need the digital rock under which they hide lifted once in a while and sun let in. —BrianOrr
- I would humbly suggest that you reexamine your assumptions — maybe show up at the next Wiki BBQ to get to know some of your fellow editors, Brian. It's a pretty durn open group of folk from all walks of life, and the people who edit the wiki range from kids to grandparents, from students at the local high school to members of the City Council. It's a very large and quite diverse group here. —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards
- No, "we" refers to your fellow community members — you know, the people who live in Davis with you and who frequent the businesses in Davis. And who edit the wiki. As you can see from the above, I am not the only one who is unhappy with your behavior, but we all stand ready to understand your explanation. I'm not being sarcastic here — if there is more here than meets the eye, it would help other wiki editors to know about it, since editing the wiki is a communal effort. —CovertProfessor
2010-05-14 21:16:39 My, that's convenient for you... —CrystalWalker
- I'm sorry — what's convenient for me? That I didn't do what you falsely accused me of? —CovertProfessor
2010-05-14 21:27:39 Crystal, what is your goal here? You seem to be simply lashing out at everybody for very random reasons. What are you trying to do? —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards, (814) 889-8845
2010-05-14 21:31:39 No not everybody. —CrystalWalker
- Please do not engage in personal attacks on the wiki. If that is not what you are trying to do, then what is your goal? —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards, (814) 889-8845
2010-05-14 21:42:25 When I am being personally attacked by a (anonymous) user, I feel compelled to defend myself. —CrystalWalker
- That's just it... I'm not seeing where there was an initial provocation. What do you consider to have been the initial attack upon you? It looks like you were changing people's reviews and rewriting what they said, as it pretty clear in your user history. That's not exactly the most ethical thing to do, but it's not uncommon, as people think it's not as obvious as it actually is. Things like that tend to be forgiven over time, however, so don't feel like you have to defend yourself. All changes are recorded, which can be embarrassing if you don't know about it before you start editing, and several people pointed out the edits you made and asked you to stop. I just don't see where anybody personally attacked you on the wiki. Perhaps you read something as being more harsh than it was intended? —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards, (814) 889-8845
2010-05-14 22:47:41 Crystal, I edited your comment on CovertProfessor's page. I did so because it was comical. I don't know if you're trolling or not, but if you're not, you should really consider taking a deep breath. It'll be good for you. Try it with me now: breathe in. Wait for it. Wait for it. Waaaaaait for it! OK, now breathe out. Better? Good.
Seriously. Relax. Any time someone starts getting pissed off around here, it leads to bad things. CovertProfessor is one of the best contributors around here these days. Since I started editing frequently, I haven't seen him/her make one single malicious, angry, or mean-spirited edit. Obviously I can't get into your head or his/her head, but it feels to me like you're dramatically overreacting. —TomGarberson P.S. Aardvark.