|☙ Pathfinder ❧|
|DavisWiki Profile, GnomeHQ, info|
|Trivia ⚬ Projects ⚬ Wiki Humor ⚬ FAQ ⚬ Wiki Memories ⚬ Observations ⚬ Editing Theories ⚬ Stupid Wiki Tricks|
|❦ Comment Archives: One, Two, Three|
This is my editing notes page It doesn't mean you have to do it. They aren't really up for discussion, but if you want to have at it, go for it. These are corners and spots that are lacking in the wiki. One persons opinions.
Ah, but a man's grasp should exceed his reach,
Or what's a heaven for?
— Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"
- UCD Classroom Etiquette has lots of good stuff buried in back and forth threads. A format that summarizes points and supports them with some of the well written anecdotes would work well here.
- Motorcycles needs love. It also was renamed from motorcycling and needs inbound link/redirect checks, etc etc.
Deleted Talk Pages
Should really document some of these. In 2010, we're repeating thing from five years ago. Jason Aller was making great efforts to consolidate and reflect as a maturing group, but he got pissed on by a couple people on and off wiki for his efforts. Putting philosophy out there means ticking some people off.
On 8.24.05 I cleaned out some Talk pages for entries that had become stable. Since the format for Talk pages has changed, here are the "missing entries":
- Talk:Ben & Jerry's
- Talk:Ari Kalfayan
- Talk:Gender and Sexuality Commission
- Talk:Davis Players Society.
Brent pointed out Talk:Cost Plus World Market and Wiki Court.
I left a few that were newish or active.
Deleted by ES on 2005-12-5
Doug, Jason, AlphaDog... document some of the reasons that people felt excluded or frustrated enough to leave. Including one shot editors who were attacked for their first edits. Fireball topics, probably worth the effort.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Wolk should not have more information than Lois Wolk. Grr.
I can't find :
- Mike Harrington
- http://daviswiki.org/Blackmon_%26_Associates — Emily E. Doringer
- http://daviswiki.org/Park%2C_Vaughan_%26_Fleming_LLP — Three of the partners and associates.
Also, I'm planning on seeing if I can get past attorneys to provide historical information about practices. The bar goes back to 1927. There's not an easy way to search, but the information is in there.
Found: 31911 Beede, John Millett Deceased 31911 Davis June 1961
Animules and Pants
Yeah. This is my albatross.
I also tagged Western Fence Lizards for some reason.
- Delta Gamma needs some touchup. Do they have a chapter website (yet)?
- This edit to Theta Tau removed some of the local info (EIT Review and workshops) and also moved the national level to the more prominent text rather than having local focus and then an overview of national. That's kind of an ongoing problem with several student orgs that are branches. At least a few appear to replaced their page with PR fluff (maybe "suggested wording" from a national org).
- Haute Again has way too many headers and is very choppy to read through. Ton of good info there, however. The Indie Davis Craft Faire needs a writeup.
We need to create a nice page explaining to people who have never edited before how and when to archive comments. I'd say nearly 20% of the calls I get are from new management trying to figure out this wiki thing and wondering if they have to live with the sins of their predecessors.
The other methods I found to inject code were subject to abuse, so they were all closed down. This method requires that the user actually enables it, so unless I think of some horrible way to abuse it, it can remain a hidden feature.
I've dubbed the suite Racemosa, after the species name for the California sycamore.
Racemosa should be ready to beta test shortly. If you're reading this, you're probably a power wiki user. Add your name to the list:
These are buggy currently, but they give you a general idea of what can be done. I have them tied to keypresses, but I'll probably add some kind of onscreen toolbar.
You get the bad-ass hack award! :) —PhilipNeustrom
A super-secret wiki project. Oooo...
This will happen.
Another super-secret wiki project. Ahhhh...
This might happen.