"Our minds are finite, and yet even in those circumstances of finitude,
we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite,
and the purpose of human life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude."
-Alfred North Whitehead
2015-01-15 12:23:12 Thanks for the tip on table fixing. On some of the bigger ones, I might just do that (like the recurring events page). On the smaller ones, I prefer doing it by hand to look for other things that are out of date. —DavidGrundler
2015-01-21 09:21:49 Thanks Philip! I was confused by that button when I clicked it because most link tools I've used have a space for the URL and a space for the display text. —MeggoWaffle
2015-01-26 13:47:13 How do I *actually* create a new page with a business template format? That was embarrassing. —JudithTruman
2015-01-29 12:58:32 Absolutely. I'll try to give you as much info as possible to track it down. —JabberWokky
2015-01-29 20:17:42 Do images not show correctly within tables? Take a look at the bike recovery page. When I edit the page, you can clearly see the image, but it does not display on the finished page. —DavidGrundler
2015-01-29 20:30:48 Thanks. I'll put a little more thought into it before fixing the rest of the entries. Looking at the source, it is easy to see where a table starts and ends. How everything is now, it is hard to delimit where each entry starts and stops. I spend more time looking at the source. —DavidGrundler
2015-01-30 11:40:49 I was editing the bike recovery page again, and the same thing happened with the images. Looks like when I copy and paste images using the WYSIWYG editor, it automatically adds the "height: auto!important;" attribute. —DavidGrundler
2015-02-07 22:23:25 I just had several 500s in a row a minute ago. Reloaded and they all came up. One was for https://daviswiki.org/Roommates_Wanted/_history/2015-02-06%2018:47:31.381295... Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, email@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at daviswiki.org Port 8084 —JabberWokky
2015-02-08 19:12:30 After being familiar enough to make sure I'm not simply reporting changes in UX, I have a few oddities and errors documented with screen shots. What's the best way to get them to you? —JabberWokky
2015-02-09 22:05:30 Im using chrome, I think it might be because the Dental questions page is so long. we could archive all that and post a link but it has been so long since I did any editing like that so I have forgotten how. As it stands editing the Dental Questions page is just murder since the new format started and I just cant stand it anymore. —DagonJones
- The same thing was happening to me when I tried editing it with Safari on my Mac. Lot's of flickering and very unusable. I moved a majority of the content to an archive page, and the main page doesn't exhibit those problems anymore, but the archive page does. I will look into it some more to see if it because of the volume, or if there is something else in the content that is causing it. I would like to break that page up into sub-pages based on the content. -DavidGrundler
- It appears to be related to the vertical scroll bar that shows up when there is a lot of content. Every time I type a character in the WYSIWYG edit mode, the scroll bar alternates between on and off, and each time it does so, it redraws the page. -DavidGrundler
- Checkout how the screen is redrawn after each letter is pressed in the following sequence of pictures. Each time the scroll bar cycles on or off, the layout changes. You can see this by looking at the last visible word on the bottom of the page. The further down the page you are, the more dramatic the effect:
2015-02-10 16:48:45 Mac OS X 10.10.1 with Safari 8.0 (10600.1.25.1) —DavidGrundler
- Does not seem to happen when I use Firefox on the same Mac.
2015-02-10 17:40:46 Still happening —DavidGrundler
Can you try again? Hoping it's a browser caching issue.
Better. Instead of toggling on and off with each character, it seems to happen each time I go to a new line. That's a huge improvement.
- Does the scroll bar stick around after creating a new line, or does it disappear after a second?
- Better. Instead of toggling on and off with each character, it seems to happen each time I go to a new line. That's a huge improvement.
2015-02-17 18:08:50 Hi P. The "Compare" function doesn't work anymore (on my pc that is. Other people?). The check boxes are elongated and do not longer work, you can no longer check boxes to compare two. —ConstantiaOomen
2015-02-17 19:37:53 Yes, it's fixed now. I use Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari on my iPad. Thanks. —ConstantiaOomen
2015-02-23 18:26:00 HI Philip N, Heron Technologies was the parent company of Davis Computer up until august 2014 and was owned and ran by khanh pham one of the two original founders. You can surely talk to me and edit as you feel the need. I currently own and operate Davis Computer and am trying to edit the page to reflect its current operation status. I don't know if Heron Technologies is still in operation but it seems to be as we have mutual customers or did and they have stated Khanh is now working under Heron Tech again. Thanks —Evan-gray
2015-02-25 14:00:25 I've attempted several times to remove the map on the StarFixIT page, and I keep getting the following: Looks like something went wrong and we're unable to display the page you requested. Please try again in a few minutes. —DavidGrundler
2015-03-03 02:42:36 Thanks very much for the tip: I couldn't for the life of me figure out where the content text went.... —BJSangwan