Reneng, some months ago attacked the apartment staff of AllegreApartments repeatedly and in a clearly malicious manner personally and on their page, insinuating that they had maligned him in some way. The Apartment staff repeatedly asked him to come in and address it personally with them-he refused and continued badgering them on here. He was requested to either put up details or stop—he put up some vague details but nothing concrete. The general consensus was that he was out-of-line in his attacks. For awhile it did stop but he has now started again.
Today I received a request: 2011-02-16 11:24:58 That Reneng guy is trolling again... Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks! —Richard —AllegreApartments
I do not take this lightly but I request this be a proposal to ban Reneng for consistently and continually trolling against Allegre.
- The recent edits being considered as attacks
- Those are not very attacky attacks. The past behavior was worse. This is pretty garden variety stuff, imo. —cp
- CP-I think the issue from Allegre is that he is continuing to go at them, period. -PeteB
- I get that. But the recent "going after" here is pretty limited. "Ban" is usually a pretty high bar. —cp
- I would like to see this nipped at the bud after what had happened a couple months ago. I can only see this going downhill again, especially since this person STILL refuses to identify and absolve his/her issues or identify his/her association with the complex. As far as Allegre management can tell, this person has not ever lived here on property. If this person would somehow provide an identity, we'd be a bit more welcoming of any feedback and not support a ban, but this does not at all seem to be the case. —Richard
- Please keep in mind that there is a bigger picture to this. Reneng's history with leaving comments was a lot worse, suggesting that it'll get worse again. —Richard
I just re-read reneng's edits in their entirety. I think I was conflating some of his/her stuff with that other anonymous editor who kept messing with an apartment page. Reneng's edits are bad, and (s)he needs to stop fiddling with the Allegre page. As long as he does so—or even if he just leaves one comment actually describing what happened to him, rather than trying to start or continue arguments—I don't think there's any reason for a ban. —tg
- Hold off on any actions for now. We're possibly getting some information on what may be going on and we'll soon be able to validate whether or not the original comments are true. —Richard
- Still waiting to be able to validate. —Richard
The cited edits are not sufficient for a ban. This is so clear, debating this wastes all our time. That isn't to say that nothing needs to be done with Reneng at this point, but banning isn't the answer yet. Let's delete this page so we don't waste any further time on this talk of banning.
- PeteB —without any recommendation of what to do, deleting this page is premature
- Daubert Richard has made a good faith effort to become part of the community, albiet behind a user account. But having spoken with him (and drawn my conclusion as to the cut of his jib) I think that it at least warrants not dismissing his claims... Last time we had a nameless faceless comment accusing racism (the flower shop) and no one wanted to own up to comments made they were removed... This person obviously has a bone to pick with Allegre but can't be trusted to (f)actually back it up...
- DonShor Remove the edits but don't ban the editor.