|This page has little or nothing to do with horse racing. Please add some Citation, and don't let the neighsayers win.|
Describe Users/TheTruthHurts here.
- Also see Users/TheTruthHurts on the hub.
2010-07-14 14:39:53 Hello and welcome to the Wiki. If a representative of a business comes onto the Wiki and tries to delete comments from a page with a reason, a Wiki Gnome will usually be quick to fix that. If you want your comments to have more weight, consider establishing an identity or using your real name. —hankim
2010-07-14 15:11:01 If you're going to insinuate that our community takes kickbacks for removing critical posts, kindly fuck off and die. We try our best to represent all the opinions in the community on this website and don't take kindly to people trying to silence others. On the other hand we have a problem with people coming on here and trashing things with ulterior motives. Asking people to use their real names helps insure that this doesn't happen.
How serious are we about defending stuff and not letting businesses bully criticism off here? I've been stalked and been threatened with lawsuits because I wouldn't let businesses delete criticism they demanded be removed.
You have no idea what's going on here, but I guess whatever you say is the truth and it apparently hurts. Not. But, after your ignorant, anonymous insinuations on here, I'm really not ready to believe anything you say at this point. —WilliamLewis
2010-07-14 15:18:49 Hey man, if you want your negative business reviews to stay on the Wiki, just PayPal me fifty bucks and I will make sure it stays. You gotta pay to play here. Didn't you read the rules of engagement here? —hankim
2010-07-14 15:31:40 Here's a tip about anonymous accounts with no identity to back them up: you only need one per household. As a one-off account (read: valueless), there's no reason to have more than one per computer. If you really feel like standing behind your words with your real name, then by all means, have a different account for each person. When we see multiple anonymous accounts with the same IP, though, they will almost certainly get deleted for sockpuppeting. —JoePomidor
2010-07-14 15:33:15 So, let me get this straight here: in order to back up your accusation of foul play by one group, you are now making an accusation that I know personally to be false? You are attempting to establish credibility by throwing around outlandish accusations of serious criminal activity1? Really? Really? —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards, (814) 889-8845
2010-07-14 15:36:48 I speak truth, 100% absolute fact based on logic & critical reasoning as well as personal experience. If you can not fathom, grasp, or accept what is really happening or what you are seeing maybe you should join the rest of them and just eat.sleep.consume. while the reat of us continue to read between the lines. —TheTruthHurts
2010-07-14 15:36:51 Welcome to the Wiki, Truth. Way to get people riled up... zero to pissed in two seconds flat! Here's an idea, though. Rather than throwing around ridiculous accusations, why not look around a little and see if there's any hint of a basis, anywhere, for them. —TomGarberson
2010-07-14 15:39:03 i like hankim sense of humor lol —TheTruthHurts
2010-07-14 15:39:39 Really? No, you're full of shit and about as valuable. —WilliamLewis
2010-07-14 15:40:08 @ joepomidor yeah i didnt think of the same Ip adress deal, it makes sense I used to delete posts from my ffxi ls forums for same reason —TheTruthHurts
2010-07-14 15:41:47 actually i was under the assumption that the businesses managment itself was deleting posts, because that is just how they roll around here and I thought you probably worked for the comapny or were an affiliate —TheTruthHurts
- Ahh, there's the 100% absolute fact! —TomGarberson
- I'm the one who removed them. It's probably not a good idea to claim to speak "100% absolute fact" before you can read the (completely open and visible to anybody) edit history. No worries, but this isn't a forum, it's a community wiki. Different dynamics, different traditions. No real rules (as Han points out, you might want to read this to get an idea of how things work). Everything is easily reverted (there's a perpetual "undo" history), so there's lots of editing back and forth and working things out. It's pretty common for people to trip up early on, assuming this is like some kind of internet site rather than a site populated by neighbors all working together, equally empowered to edit. —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards, (814) 889-8845
2010-07-14 15:57:20 where did all the fun hateful comments by some of your loose cannons go? didn't mean to piss off some of your "youn guns" but it was kinda funny to read, thanks to some of you that actually responded w/ logic as opposed to cursing me out, would hate to run into one of your aggresive guys at woodstocks while i am having pizza, good thing I didn't use my real name that william guy might track me down and kick my ass lol. nvm they're still here for me to have a lol @ next time I post about a buisness thanks :) —TheTruthHurts
- You mean some of "our loose cannons" — you're an equal part of the community now, and you have to deal with William just as the rest of us do. ;) There are no moderators of content... you're equally as empowered as anybody else when it comes to what's on the wiki (I told you it was different than forums). So, just like in real life, you have to deal with people who are a bit hot headed. It's part of being in a community of real people. —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards, (814) 889-8845
2010-07-14 17:23:38 word (-.-)b —TheTruthHurts
2010-07-14 19:46:28 Regarding your comment to hankim: It's not really about name, it's about identity. People like CovertProfessor have a stated reason to be anonymous; it's the aggressively "I don't want to be responsible for my actions" or "I'm lying to pretend to be multiple people" type of anonymity that raises a problem. Whistleblowers are cool. Masked vandals less so. A business manager pretending to be lots of people leaving positive reviews for themselves or negative reviews for their competitors is really bad. It's just one of those problems without a really good solution other than poking at every case to see what's under the rock. Pretty much everything on the wiki is common sense when you understand the background — and the wiki is full of people willing to help you out if you want. (And if you come up with a better solution, do it!) —JabberWokky
2010-12-14 18:54:17 Truth-I checked the pages of Sharps & Flats and Tanglewood and I see no current evidence that editing of complaints has occured. If you see any and want to point them out, you have my personal word it will be addressed. —PeterBoulay
1. We're a registered non-profit, so your allegations would violate federal law.
You must be logged in to comment on this page. Please log in.