Describe Users/judgemiller here.
2009-09-16 14:57:18 Welcome to the Wiki. Every edit you make is visible and people can see the history of your edits and the pages. You aren't going to be able to do things like you have been doing. —JasonAller
2009-09-16 15:06:07 Well I am not going to let some coward competitor poison-pen my business and destroy our reputation either. Letters to newspaper editors have a telephone number so the post can be verified. We don't need to lay off UC Davis students working for us because some scumbag runs down our business. Leave the shit off written by our competitors. People that write that kind of thing and can't use their own name are hurtful and uncivil. Thank you. —judgemiller
2009-09-16 15:08:59 Please refrain from using multiple accounts to make it look like you're multiple people. It's trivial to see and only makes you look worse. —WilliamLewis
- To clarify, were your and Bonnie's edits both made from the same work computer, for example? Then it would look like sockpuppeting, but wouldn't truthfully be the case.
2009-09-16 15:11:39 I haven't edited the Superdog page ever. I do find it interesting that both you and debby complained about people being anonymous, but neither of you have established your identity here. —JasonAller
2009-09-16 15:17:47 If you look at the comments on the page, you will see that I am a former client of yours and very happy with my service. Still, as a citizen of Davis and a contributor to the wiki, I support the right of people to express a different opinion. Experiences vary, and so do opinions. I'd like to know what your evidence is that it is a "competitor" who has written negative comments about you. —CovertProfessor
2009-09-16 16:08:21 Erm, your hypothetical regarding a pedophile accusation isn't exactly a good parallel. If someone is a convicted pedophile that information would be available online* or if a case was proceeding that information can also be found. Thus there is proof to support a claim of pedophilia or I would assume lack of legal documentation to verify that the statement qualifies as defamation of character and thus it could be deleted.
to my understanding all pedophiles would be listed here.
*In fact there is potentially TOO much information about pedophiles online or some might argue not enough because many convictions don't elaborate on details and sometimes it's the gray area of an 18 yr old who slept with his 17 year old girlfriend. That 18 yr old is then labeled for life. —OliviaY
2009-09-16 16:42:07 Also if someone were to attack an individual claiming he's a pedophile, when no such proof is available/no cases are pending, that could result in a defamation of character lawsuit. It's a nasty messy business. Best to just stay away from it altogether.
Perhaps you should track the IPs of the negative comments and see if they are connected, then you can make a complaint about someone having a grudge. Good luck. —OliviaY
2009-09-16 17:50:57 Ok, let's review here.
You have a beef with the Call Kurtis TV report. You say that it was a competitor who did it, and that you have proof. Ok, fine, let's suppose that's true. But that was already rebutted by "BonnieGordon." If you would like your rebuttal moved to a more prominent place on the page, that is certainly do-able.
But then you come along with multiple anonymous accounts and start deleting comments. You delete comments from people even though you have no way of knowing if they have anything to do with the competitor. You of all people should know how much opinions differ about dog training, just as they do about the proper way to raise children. You know that some clients will be unhappy. That's just how it is. The wiki community isn't going to let you delete those comments, though, certainly not without evidence that they are all the same person and that the same person is your competitor.
Then, when I revert your deletions, you practically threaten me that you will call me out as a pedophile — a former customer who has been almost the only person on the wiki to defend you (multiple times). Nice. Makes me feel pretty stupid for defending your business all this time. Together with your poor behavior on the wiki today, I don't suspect I'll be defending you in the future. For the record, criticizing a business because you weren't satisfied and falsely accusing a person of being a pedophile are very different. One is libelous and the other isn't.
By the way, I was the one (not the supposed competitor) who said your business was expensive and you have to call to get a quote. It is, and you do. I still think it was worth the money. But that is information that people want to know. Why not just put your prices up on the website, and then the wiki could say exactly what the costs are, and people could decide for themselves whether that counts as "expensive"? —CovertProfessor
2009-09-16 18:06:21 I recommend a banning based on the content at JW's user page. —RyanMikulovsky
2009-09-16 18:08:48 My home address is 116 Edith Street #10, State College, Pennsylvania, 16803. My name is Evan Edwards, and I often go by the name JabberWokky (it's an old theater nickname). My phone number is (814) 889-8845. —Evan 'JabberWokky' Edwards
And your ICBM address is 40 48 21.40N, 77 52 48.33W. Just thought you might like to know. —JimStewart
2009-09-16 18:37:15 I hate to jump into this shitstorm, but maybe I can try to give you some help. If you believe that your business has been unfairly criticized, please do the following steps:
- Be a traceable, real user. If you are an owner or employee of your business, say so. Advise potential customers that they can call you and talk to you about the criticism.
- Rebut the criticism line by line and statement by statement. If you don't use shock collars, say you don't use shock collers. If you hold customers to their contracts, say we hold customers to their contracts. Which, BTW, isn't necessarily a fault.
- Don't accuse people of being pedophiles. If you believe someone is a pedophile, file a police report immediately, don't waste time on daviswiki. And if you don't have any grounds to accuse someone of such a horrid act, I highly recommend that you delete the accusation immediately and offer your sincere apology to the individual.
2009-09-16 19:06:25 You are venting your frustrations in an inappropriate manner and in the wrong directions. Read Welcome to the Wiki/Business Owner. Then take some time to cool down and after that come back and ask questions about how you can turn this into a net positive for you and your business instead of displaying behaviors in public that reflect poorly upon you. Use the same skills and patience that you use when training dogs. —JasonAller
2009-09-16 19:44:31 If you are in fact the owner of said business, then this is not the way to approach the discussion. Accusations of someone being a pedophile, threatening someone by telling them you will find out their home address, then talking about their family when they give it to you willingly, and finally threaten with police involvement definitely does not earn you any points on being someone I would trust my dog with. I hope you can cool down and approach this differently. —SunjeetBaadkar
2009-09-16 20:12:45 —JimStewart
2009-09-16 23:03:46 Dave, perhaps it's time to remind you of your own words:
- Usually the folks who seem to do best with dog training are remarkably normal, well-adjusted and present themselves as mature and emotionally stable.
- They usually seem happy and content and act like they are going to have a wonderful day—regardless of what other people say or do.
- They don't yell, scream or get angry a lot.
- They try to be a good neighbor and citizen.
- They value opinions differing from their own.
- Everyone pretty much knows what is expected of them and accepts responsibility.
- They try to be flexible and non-judgmental when others fail to meet their expectations.
- They try to be fair and admit mistakes.
- They seem to relax through life and are not so serious all the time.
- They usually live quietly without a whole lot of drama. —CovertProfessor