For the Community ..... Join us now!
For more information regarding the Mount Barker and District Residents' Association Inc, please access our main website or contact:
PO Box 494, Mt Barker SA 5251, or Phone: 0412 417774 or 8398 2185
Our Vision .....
Mount Barker and District Residents' Association, established in 1994, aims to preserve, promote and further develop the historical, social, cultural and environmental features of Mt Barker, its township and settlements.
The Association provides a public forum for residents to express their views and concerns on issues relating to their community.
The Association believes in integrated planning, consultation and communication between all stakeholders within the district.
Discussions of issues relevant to the current and future needs of the district and its people are critical to ensure transparent, consistent and cost-effective strategies and actions.
Council accountability is crucial to ensure the district grows and develops to meet the needs of all the community.
Succesful and Ongoing Initiatives Include:
- Objection to the Draft Recreation Sport and Leisure precinct study
- Consultation with community about the Residential and Industrial PARs
- Retention of all community land and green spaces with less alienation of rural land
- Addition of the Dunn Memorial Church and other heritage buildings to the State and local Heritage registers
- Support of an efficient and effective district wide rubbish and recycling strategy
- Lobbying for improved infrastructure, roads, footpaths and community facilities
- Opposition to a business focus for township marketing and branding
- Increased emphasis on public art and design in town planning
- Establishment of Community Continuity groups to work with Council on strategic and local initiatives