LOCATION: 90 Main Street, Hahndorf
SHR 13142 – confirmed as a State Heritage Place 14 August 1986
This article is in need of a Photo!
To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the "Image" button.
Mr Jahn replaced the original pioneer cottage that stood on this site in 1858 with this simple brick cottage and later sold it to Friedrich Wotzke, a dyer and missionary, in 1880.
(Information from The Hahndorf Allotments Database. by Reg Butler)
|Old Lot No.||New Lot No.||Street No.||Street Name|
|House 21||N.H. 24||90||MAIN STREET|
|Year Sold||New Owner||Occupation||Owner's Home||Personal|
|1839||Gottlob Zilm||brickmaker||Hahndorf||From Goltzen, Brandenburg|
|1853||Gottlob Zilm #||yeoman||Hahndorf||GRO title.|
|1858||Heinrich Jahn %||shoemaker||Hahndorf||LTO title 1880.|
|1880||Friedrich Wotzke sen||dyer||Hahndorf|
|Executors. F Wotzke died 1894.|
|1914||Friedrich Wotzke jun *||teacher||Narridy||Son of F Wotzke sen.|
|Sons of F Wotzke jun.|
|1981||Mark Wotzke||dental surgeon||Hahndorf||Son of O Wotzke.|
# 1856 Moved to Nain, near Greenock.
% H Jahn had moved to Blumberg by 1863. Leased the property to James Gates from 1880, and perhaps from c1863. J Gates was a brother-in-law to A Pade sen on Lot NH 23.
* F Wotzke jun was the last teacher in charge of Hahndorf's Lutheran school at the time the Government closed it in 1917. One of his later duties was to tutor the children of the artist, Sir Hans Heysen.
3727/65 current title