Rudd Field is located on Elon University's campus at 543 N. Williamson Ave. Elon, N.C. 27244. The construction of the field was finished in 2002 and has since been the host of many collegiate soccer games. Rudd Field is home to both the Men's and Women's Varsity soccer teams at Elon. The teams compete at the NCAA Division 1 level. The Men's and Women's teams are a part of the Southern Conference which was started in 1921. The SoCon is the nations fifth-oldest NCAA Division 1 collegiate athletic association. Elon joined the Southern Conference in the late 1950's. Including Elon, there are currently 12 Universities competing in this conference: Appalachian State, College of Charleston, The Citadel, Furman University, Davidson College, Georgia Southern, University of North Carolina Greensboro, Samford University, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Western Carolina, and Wofford College. The Men's soccer teams have a total of 9 home games on their schedule at Rudd Field for the 2012 season. The Women's team has 9 home games for their schedule.
The field received upgrades recently which added new seating areas and a new scoreboard. These new features have encouraged the Phoenix fans to come out and cheer for Elon's soccer teams as they compete in the Southern Conference.
Parking Capacity: 100
Seating: Stadium Style
• Take Interstate 85/40 to Exit 140 (University Drive). From southbound I-85/40, exit right and turn right. From northbound I-85/40, exit right and turn left.
• Stay on University Drive for 1.4 miles and turn right on Highway 70 East/S. Church Street.
• Take Highway 70 East/S. Church Street to Williamson Avenue (.7 miles). Turn left on Williamson.
• Follow this road for 1.7 miles. You will cross railroad tracks as you enter the campus area.
• Cross over Haggard Ave. (with BP gas station on the corner)
• Continue past Mary Nell Lake on your right. Turn right immediately after the lake onto Phoenix Drive.
•Take your first left onto Bank of America Drive at the Phoenix Rising statue.