The Green Grocer is a full service grocer and cafe in Alderson, West Virginia. The location is stocked with fresh, affordable, and local products. It is a project of the Alderson Community Food hub, an Alderson based non-profit. The Green Grocer's goal is to provide fresh, affordable and local products to Alderson and the surrounding area and to support local farmers and keep money in the community.
The Green Grocer is run as a social enterprise, which means that any profits will be invested back into programming within the community.
|Type of Organization||Business, Specialty Grocery|
|Website||Alderson Green Grocer|
109 Cherry Ave
Phone: (304) 939-3901
Email: [email protected]
History of Organization
The Green Grocer was started in the spring of 2015 by the Alderson Community Food Hub in response to the closing of Alderson's last grocery store. The store has worked to form relationships with local farmers and suppliers in an effort to keep money from the store in the Alderson community.
- Groceries - A wide range of grocery items, including locally sourced eggs, meat, and produce
- Sunnyside Cafe - offering BBQ, Sandwiches and Salads
- Deli - with a variety of sliced meats and cheeses
- Community Corner - with coffee, reading library and community news
Partners and Frequent Collaborators
The Green Grocer sources products from many producers in southeastern West Virginia, including:
- Swift Level Land & Cattle
- Reed's Mill