- Historic Tuomy House has new owner, Ann Arbor News, March 2007
The historic Tuomy House, which has stood along Washtenaw Avenue in Ann Arbor for 153 years, has a new owner. The Historical Society of Michigan sold the house, at 2117 Washtenaw Ave., early this year to the owner of a statewide mortgage agency.
- The Tuomy Farm June 1991.
The Italianate house at 2117 Washtenaw, an anachronism of an old farmhouse on a busy thoroughfare, is now the headquarters of the Historical Society of Michigan. The Tuomy family lived there for nearly a hundred years, from 1874 to 1966.
- 2117 Washtenaw Avenue, Historic buildings, Ann Arbor, Michigan / by Marjorie Reade and Susan Wineberg.
This is a well-preserved early farmhouse that reflects the change in local architectural tastes in the decade between 1854, when the rear ell was constructed for George W. and Jane E. Bell, and 1864, when the present front section was built for Frederick A. and Almina S. Spaulding. Its transitional Greek Revival style with Italianate finish typifies the better class of frame farmhouse of that period.
- Bell--Spalding House on Archiplanet
2117 Washtenaw, City of Ann Arbor Assessor