Angell Elementary School is an elementary school in the Ann Arbor Public Schools. It is located at 1608 South University, Ann Arbor MI 48103. The building is named after James Burrill Angell and was constructed in 1923. Gary Court is the school principal.
The school mascot is the Eagles.
Timeline: Angell Elementary
- 2015 September 29: Angell is named as a Blue Ribbon school (Exemplary High Performing School) by U.S. Department of Education, as measured by state assessments or nationally normed tests. From the USDE press release: "U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan today recognized 335 schools as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2015 based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. National Blue Ribbon Schools demonstrate that all students can achieve to high levels. The Department will honor 285 public and 50 private schools at a recognition ceremony on Nov. 9-10 in Washington, D.C. In its 33-year history, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has bestowed this coveted award on some 8,000 schools."
- 1923: School first opened
School website: http://angell.a2schools.org
PTO website: http://www.angellpto.org
- Angell Elementary School stories on AnnArbor.com
- Angell Elementary School stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- Angell Elementary School stories on Ann Arbor Observer
- Angell Elementary School stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- Angell Elementary School stories in the Google News archives