The Ann Arbor Brewers Guild is a group of homebrewers and beer lovers who meet monthly to taste and talk about beer and brewing. New members are always welcome. The meeting place moves around to a different member’s house each month, but is always reasonably close to Ann Arbor, MI. You need not be a brewer to attend!
Meeting information is posted at http://aabg.org/this-months-meeting/
Meetings are not tightly structured. People are encouraged to bring homebrew or interesting commercial beer, a snack to share and a small tasting glass. At a typical meeting, members sample each others beers and chit-chat for a while, followed by a short business meeting and then more sampling.
People are welcome to visit meetings free of charge. Those interested in becoming more involved with the group should consider becoming members. Membership dues are $15/year for individual memberships, or $20/year for couples. Membership privileges include:
- Access to the members-only mailing list, which provides an excellent resource for brewers
- Ability to rent the club's pico brewing system
- Ability to participate in club buys for cheap ingredients in bulk
- Participation in group projects like AABGBBBW
- Admission to club events like the summer BBQ
In the news
- Local homebrewers to release "Beer Camp" ale at Arbor Brewing, David Bardallis for AnnArbor.com, Dec 2009
Back in the summer, Ann Arbor Brewers Guild members Jeff and Susan Rankert won a gold medal at the American Homebrewers Association’s National Homebrew Competition for their barleywine. This in turn led to them being invited out to Chico, Calif., home of Sierra Nevada, for the 13th Beer Camp, a two-day event that includes an all-access pass to one of the country’s pre-eminent craft breweries and the opportunity to formulate and brew a beer on-site.