City reading program coordinated by the Ann Arbor District Library. Web site: http://aareads.aadl.org/
The Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads program is a community initiative to promote reading and civic dialogue thorough the shared experience of reading and discussing a common book.
Books in previous years include:
- 2012: Daniel Tammet, Born On A Blue Day: Inside The Extraordinary Mind Of An Autistic Savant New York: Free Press, 2007.
- 2010: Jerry Dennis, The Living Great Lakes: Searching for the Heart of the Inland Seas. New York: Thomas Dunne Books, 2003.
- 2008: The Eighth Promise : An American Son's Tribute to his Toisanese mother / by William Poy Lee, ISBN 159486456X
- 2007: Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World / by Tracy Kidder, ISBN 0812973011
- 2006: The Beak of the Finch: A Story of Evolution in Our Time / by Jonathan Weiner