The Ann Arbor State Bank opened in 2009. It is located at 125 W. William St. in Ann Arbor, the former home of Anderson Paint.
Key individuals include:
- chairman and CEO Bill Broucek
- Chief Operating Officer Peter Schork
- investor Carol Bradford, chief of head and neck surgery at the University of Michigan Health System
- investor Michael Coghlan, who is active in several venture capital firms;
- investor David Hing, a surgeon at St. Joseph's Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor; and
In the news
- New Ann Arbor bank sees credit crunch as opportunity, Crain's Detroit Business, January 2009
- New Ann Arbor bank moves toward approval, gets new investors, Michigan Business Review, July 2008.
- Yelp: Ann Arbor State Bank
Two guys who used to work for Bank of Ann Arbor decided to start a new bank, so they bought the old Anderson Paint Building and started filling out the paperwork.
The bank's parking lot has a sign saying "If you like parking here, you'll like banking here." It offers free parking for hours that the bank is closed.