Barbara Ryan Fuller is a Washtenaw County road commissioner, Democratic Party activist and co-founder and director of MI List, a statewide donor network for women.
In July 2015, Fuller created a campaign committee to run in 2016 for state representative in the 52nd District, an office currently held by Gretchen Driskell. Driskell, a Democrat, is running for the 7th Congressional District in 2016.
She was appointed by the Washtenaw County board of commissioners to the Washtenaw County road commission board on Oct. 16, 2013. Her term will expire on Dec. 31, 2016. By virtue of her seat on the road commission, Fuller also serves on the Washtenaw County parks & recreation commission.
She has managed both primary and general election races ranging from village president to U.S. Senate, previously working on behalf of the former State Sen. Lana Pollack, State Rep. Mary Schroer, the Pam Byrnes campaign for State Representative and for Congresswoman Lynn Rivers. She staffed the first leg of the 1988 Medicaid funding of abortion ballot question and the successful 2003 greenbelt millage campaign in the City of Ann Arbor. Fuller also has been an officer in the Washtenaw County Democratic Party,
Fuller began her career as a dental hygienist.
Fuller is married to Nelson Fuller and has two adult children. She lives in Sharon Township near the village of Manchester.
- Oct. 16, 2013: Is appointed by the Washtenaw County board of commissioners as one of three Washtenaw County road commissioners. Her term runs through Dec. 31, 2016.
- 2008-2012: Serves as deputy supervisor in Pittsfield Township.
- 2004: Co-founds MI List, a statewide donor network for female Democratic candidates.
- 1997-2002: Works as political director and campaign manager for Congresswoman Lynn Rivers.
- 1985: Interns in the office of State Sen. Lana Pollack, and is subsequently hired as a legislative aide.
- 1970's-1980's: Serves as an officer of MDHA
- 1970s: Serves as trustee and ultimately president of the Michigan Dental Hygienists’ Association.
- 1977: Earns bachelor of science degree in Occupational Teacher Education from the University of Michigan.
- 1974: Earns dental hygienist license.
- 1974: Earns an associate degree in Dental Hygiene from Grand Rapids Community College.
In the News
State House candidate Barb Fuller attends Dexter Forum – The Sun Times News, Aug. 21, 2015
Long road has led Barb Fuller to being newest member of Road Commission – Manchester Enterprise, Dec. 31, 2013
Fuller Appointed to Washtenaw Road Commission – The Ann Arbor Chronicle, Oct. 17, 2013
Campaign website for 2016 52nd District State Representative: http://www.barbfuller4staterep.com/about-barb-fuller
MI List bio: http://milist.org/about-us/the-founders/barb-fuller/
Barbara Ryan Fuller stories on AnnArbor.com
Barbara Ryan Fuller stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
Barbara Ryan Fuller stories in Heritage Media newspapers
Barbara Ryan Fuller stories in the Google News archives