Bishop Samuel S. Harris (1841 - 1888) was the second Bishop of the Protestant Episcopal Diocese of Michigan. Harris Hall was named in his honor.
The Bentley Historical Library has his papers, which include sermons, lectures, correspondence and miscellanea; also include volumes of sermons.
- IN MEMORY OF BISHOP HARRIS, New York Times, November 23 1888.
- Detroit: Religion: Clergy and other Persons, Bentley Historical Library
- History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, The S. J. Clarke publishing company, 1921. p. 759