Don't bowl alone.
Take the kids bowling; look at http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/ for places to take them for free.
Some history of bowling in Ann Arbor, with lanes and locations and dates:
- Michigan Theater basement, Michigan Recreation Lanes, opened 1928, operated by Setlaski.
- Michigan Union basement, now closed
- Ann Arbor Recreation Bowling Alley, 605 E. Huron; opened ca. 1940; demolished May 1966 for the Campus Inn.
- Colonial Lanes; 28 lanes, opened 1960 at 1950 S Industrial; remodeled as Revel and Roll
- Washtenaw Lanes
- Huron Lanes, 320 East Huron St. 16 lanes. Opened 1952 by Sewell H. Platt and Henry D. Platt; Huron Lounge added 1961. Formerly a Wrigley grocery.
- Thunderbird Lanes, 1085 Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti
- Ypsi-Arbor Lanes, closed 2011; distinctive sign at 2985 Washetnaw Avenue.
- Bel Mark Lanes, opened 1976 at 3530 Jackson Road.