I'm putting together resources.
- Official, Case Western: http://wiki.case.edu/Main_Page
- For the University of Chicago: http://h3ather.com/ucwiki/index.php/Main_Page
- For the University of Michigan: http://umich.collegewikis.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Not a wiki, but my favorite model: http://www.cuinfo.cornell.edu/
There is way to much to cover... something that fits with ArborWiki needs to be chosen.
I'm leaning towards a focus on student-centric information -- that's personal bias there. It seems like an official UM department-centric project is the place for info specific to each documents (so -- not a collaborative workspace).
Where to put it
We could start a separate site and interwiki it. That might be good for working within the U... or we could get started now.
Does the U already have a portal? Or a wiki? I don't know... haven't found one, but the Chicago one wasn't very findable either.
State of the world right now
There are 113 pages in Category:University_of_Michigan, 33 of which are noted as stubs. This compares with 1,750,000 pages that Google returns for site:umich.edu. So we don't have too much.
As a completely practical matter, I'd love to see
- a page for each department, school, and institute
- a good page for each University president
- a good page for each building on campus
- a page for each of the historical collections at the Bentley
- useful categories for faculty, students, staff, and alumni
- reference information for student organizations
- a page for each dorm, coop, fraternity, sorority, and big apartment house
- a page for each piece of open coursework at open.michigan
- an annotated version of the new student orientation, with corrections
Edward Vielmetti 01:02, 31 January 2010 (UTC)