Colonel James Lewis Glen (b. May 29, 1814, Holmesburg, PA; d. Jan 1, 1876) was a civil engineer and landscape architect. He is noted locally for having designed Forest Hill Cemetery and Highland Cemetery. His works also include the the original Niles water-power and gas works buildings, and Trinity Episcopal Church and Silverbrook Cemetery in Niles.
In the news
- The man who made Niles work, The Niles Star, June 2009
His gravestone bears only his given names and yet his obituary and listings in two histories of Trinity Episcopal Church – one by the Rev. R. McMurdy and another by Blanche Millard Parkin – refer to his title of Colonel. No military service being evident begs the question of where the title came from.
- Biography, 1880, History of Kalamazoo County, Michigan.