Depot Town Radio was a microradio station in Ypsilanti in the Depot Town area on 89.5 FM. It played motown, also some country music on weekends and broadcasted in the daytime and early evening. Seems to be associated with the former WSDS radio station; featured shows "Coffee with Kitty" and "The Johnny Danger Show" were both WSDS shows.
Depot Town Radio was shut down by the FCC in April 2006.
- Cafe Luwak blog on Depot Town Radio shutdown
- Absolute Michigan report
- Ypsilanti's pirate radio captain speaks out - Communications laws suppress freedom, impinge on civil rights Ann Arbor News (MI) - Sunday, June 4, 2006 Author: Mike Crutchfield
First, I wish to thank all of the nice folks who have been very supportive of our attempt to bring community radio to the Depot Town and Ypsilanti areas. I even thank the mean-spirited souls who reported our illegal operation to the Federal Communications Commission during 89.1 FM WEMU's pledge week, as we would've never enjoyed so much media exposure if not for their special "help."
- Depot Town Radio stories on AnnArbor.com
- Depot Town Radio stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- Depot Town Radio stories on Ann Arbor Observer
- Depot Town Radio stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- Depot Town Radio stories in the Google News archives
- AM 1700, a unlicensed low power AM station in Ypsilanti