Social science, drama, art, and intensive language courses are taught on the first floor and basement of East Quad.
There lots of good vegetarian and vegan food -- no longer. Scuttlebutt has it that those WISE-alecks complained about the lack of meat.
East Quad was closed during the 2012-2013 school year for renovations, Residential college students lived in West Quad. It is expected to reopen for the fall of 2013.
- The Halfass serves fried food.
The laundry machines are down here. They use quarters or Entree Plus
- Wash takes about 40 minutes
- Drying says it takes 60 minutes, but your clothes are dry in 40. Take them out and save yourself some time.
- RESCOMP is in the basement. Arguably the most productive and social spot in East Quad, espcially around midterms
- North and South dining halls
- The front desk
The Carl Cohen reading room
- You swipe your card to get in. There usually is a copy of the NY Times. There's a chessboard, too, and a chalkboard. It's usually quiet in here.
- The Benzinger is the only student-run library in the U. It has DVDs that you can check out and a UM WiFi signal that magically stops right outside the walls.
- Home of the Abeng Multi-Cultural Lounge.
- Some class rooms on 2nd TyGre.
- Home to Corey "Scratchpost" Taylor and Big Bart Reddington of the legendary 2nd prescott quad.
- Temporary home to the stunning Cadillac duo: Josh "Plopps" Platko and Mike "The King" King.
- Home of 3rd Tyler / Green. MattH lives here.
- Home of awesome 3rd Hinsdale.
- Lair of the infamous Jeghana
Fourth Tyler/Green is an awesome place. They have a TV in the lounge.
- The 4th TG are cleaner and nicer than any others.
There is an "O" and an "H" side of the building.
- "O" side includes Prescott, Hinsdale, Tyler, and Greene Houses
- "H" side includes Anderson, Cooley, Hayden, and Strauss Houses
- The "H" side is the newer part of the building
- Amer's on Church
- Rendezvous on South University
- Pizza: Backroom Pizza and In 'n Out offer cheese for $1.00, pepperoni for $1.50
- Za's on East University. They have pizza, pasta, paninis, and other Italian "gourmet" food.
- Pizza House on Church Street. Known for their deep dish pizza, but their thin crust is good as well.
- Many others