During Lent, the traditional Friday abstinence from meat often turns into an excuse to do an all-you-can-eat fish fry. (Abstinence, but not fasting.) Some locations for this in the area, with a particular focus on the Catholic parish
- Old St. Patrick (FB event link)
- St. Francis (link need to order by 3pm Friday)
- Zal Gaz Grotto (had one March 12, future frys unknown)
- Livingston County Wildlife and Conservation Club, Whitmore Lake
- St. Mary Catholic Church, Manchester
- Hamburg Pub, Hamburg
- St. Mary Catholic School and Parish, Pinckney
- St Andrew Saline.
- The Dexter K of C have one that is drive-thru only, but their protein choices are grilled cod, baked pollack, and baked salmon so I wouldn't exactly call it a fish fry.
Confirmed, Washtenaw County
- Dexter Knights of Columbus, 8265 Dexter-Chelsea Rd., Dexter, MI. Drive-thru & Carry-out $9, all you can eat $10/adult, $6/6yrs and under (Pan-fried Cod, Baked Tilapia, Fried Clam Strips)
Confirmed, Washtenaw County
- St. Francis of Assisi, Ann Arbor: 5p-7:30p. Adults $9, seniors (62+) $8, children (6-11) $5, children (5 and under) free.
- St. Mary's Parish Hall, Chelsea. Knights of Columbus. 4p-8p. 14200 E. Old US-12. 475-7561.
- Dexter Knights of Columbus, Dexter: Feb 25 - Apr 15. Drive thru $9, all you can eat $10, kids $5. 8265 Dexter Chelsea Road, Dexter, MI. 
- St John the Baptist, Howell. 
- St. Andrew the Apostle Parish, Saline. Saline Knights of Columbus. 4-7p. Adults $9, seniors $8, kids $5, kids under 5 free.
- Old St. Patrick's, Whitmore Lake: Fish fries begin Friday, March 11 at 4:30 PM and run through April 15. Cost: $7.50 (seniors, $7; children 5-11, $6.50; children 4 & under, free). Call 734-662-8141
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Ypsilanti: 5:30p Lenten Fish Dinner in Annex. $6.50 for one piece fish plus mac and cheese; additional pieces $1 each, kids mac and cheese $3.50.
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Ypsilanti: Annual Lenten Fish Dinner - Wednesday, March 23rd from 4pm-8pm in the church basement  Served with help from Boy Scout Troop 290
- Ann Arbor Moose Lodge 1253. 5-8p 
Confirmed, elsewhere in the area
Confirmed for 2010
- 32d annual Old St. Patrick's in Whitmore Lake: 430p-800p (or until we run out of fish) Feb 19 - Mar 26. $7.50, seniors $7. Call 734-662-8141
- 29th annual Dexter Knights of Columbus on Dexter-Chelsea Road 4:30 to 7:30 PM, Feb 19 - Mar 26. Drive thru $8, all you can eat dine in $9.
- St. Francis of Assisi, Ann Arbor, 5p-7p. Adults $8.00, Seniors $7.00, Children 6-10 years $5.00, Kids 5 and under eat free! Call 734-769-2550.
Unconfirmed for 2010
- Chowhound on Fish fry around Ann Arbor
- A map of Fish fries in St. Louis, MO
- 2009 Fish fries in Cleveland, OH area
- Fish Fry information -the ultimate internet compendium on the fish fry in the United States
From the blogs
- Black Bear Speaks does a mini sociological study of the phenomenon.
In the news
- Have a fish fry coming up? Tell The Bay City Times, Bay City Times, February 2009
Lent is fast approaching and once again The Times plans to publish a listing of area fish fries each Thursday from Feb. 26 through Easter. But we need your help.
- St. Mary's ends traditional fish fry, Manchester Enterprise, February 2009
The Fish Fry, Lent and St. Mary Parish have been a tradition for many years in Manchester. They just seem to go together. However, this year St. Mary Church is sad to announce that it will not be able to host the Fish Fry at the St. Mary Parish Center due to the fryers and the fire suppressant system not meeting the current codes required for the kitchen to be used to host such an event.
Emmanuel Lutheran Church http://www.emmanuelypsi.org/ Annual Lenten Fish Dinner Fundraiser - Wednesday, March 23rd from 4pm-8pm Served with the help of Boy Scout Troop 290