Florence addresses include about 8 houses and St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.
Florence Street was surveyed, but not named, in the Western Addition plat, recorded Nov. 11, 1844. It was named "Florence" on March 12, 1866, by act of Ypsilanti City Council. The origin of the name is not clear, but it is supposed that the street was named for Florence Babbitt, the wife of J. Williard Babbitt.
"Naming of the Streets of Ypsilanti (Part II)", Elizabeth Teabolt, Ypsilanti Gleanings, February 1981.