Forest Avenue Baptist Church
"The Fellowship Church"
218 E. Forest Avenue Ypsilanti, MI 48198 734 483 6216
EXALTING the Lord, EDIFYING Believers, and EVANGELIZING Others!
On Sunday afternoon, July 11, 1943, a group met with a desire to start an independent, missionary-minded church in the Willow Run area of Ypsilanti, Michigan. At this first meeting, the congregation decided to call the Rev. R.C. Nicols as the first pastor. The new church was named the Baptist Tabernacle on August 11, 1943, and the first Constitution was adopted on August 27, 1943.
The church is now defunct after becoming the Huron Valley Bible Fellowship in 2011, which now occupies the church building.