Fox Sporting Goods was located at 624 S. Main, and was affiliated with Fox Tent & Awning which closed in 2011. The store was a favorite of local hunters and fishermen, and touted itself as "Washtenaw County's largest gun dealer". Billboards for the store were prominently featured on the routes leading to and from hunting/fishing country in northern Michigan. There was a small stuffed black bear near the counter (which seemed much larger to a youngster).
- Pinckney Dispatch, June 30, 1954, advertising section 
- 1966 Polk Directory lists a Fox Sporting Goods Store and Fox Tent & Awning Co. at 624 S. Main (see ad from same, above)