Someone asked how to sell a car on the School of Information mailing list. Here are some of the answers.
Test Drive Procedure:
- Have someone with you or know about it
- Drive with them
- Check for current drivers license (copy number)
- and proof of Insurance
- Agree on route beforehand
How to sell the car:
- In Michigan you assign the title to the buyer (http://www.dmv.org/mi-michigan/bill-of-sale.php)
- Include accurate odometer, price, date
- keep copy of title
- remove your license plate
- only accept certified checks
- Sign, Collect money, Done!
- The DMV suggests to meet at Secretary of State office to finalize sale