The Huron River flooded in June, 1968, wiping out the Dixboro Dam and causing damage to other dams along the river.
In the news
- Readers share firsthand knowledge of 1968 Ann Arbor flood, Ann Arbor News, August 2008
Sometimes it is good to be proven wrong. After my challenge to anyone who still remembers the 1968 flood, four stalwart citizens phoned to tell me about their experiences.
- Michigan Flood Losses Estimated in Millions, Toledo Blade, June 27, 1968
- Rains Deal Blow to Michigan Dams, Bridges, Toledo Blade, June 28, 1968
- Residents Flee Apartment Sites at Ann Arbor, Toledo Blade, June 26, 1968
- Post Flood Report of Southeast Michigan Flood 25-27 June 1968, US Army Corps of Engineers, 1969. In the holdings of the Bentley Historical Library.
- City of Ann Arbor Stormwater Management Plan for Allen's Creek Drainage System, February 1983