K & S Market was a small neighborhood market at 609 W. Jefferson, directly across from Bach Elementary School. The market was originally Schneeberger's Grocery, but for a long time it was managed by John Komosinski (sp?) who eventually bought the property from the Schneebergers. The store had a meat counter, staples, canned goods and a large selection of candy and comic books which appealed to the Bach students across the street! The store featured the obligatory gumball machine, but with the added excitement of a limited number of yellow and red striped gumballs, which entitled the lucky recipient to a 5 cent candy bar!
- 1997 Polk Directory lists a John Komosinski
- 1922 Polk Directory lists Mrs. Elizabeth R. Schneeberger, retail grocery, 609 W Jefferson
- 1938 Polk Directory lists Schneeburger's Grocery at 609 W. Jefferson