Kroger -- download vcard
Kroger is a megalomondosupernationalgrocerymarket. There are at least five Krogers in strip malls scattered around the Ann Arbor / Ypsi area:
- In the Traver Village Mall on the corner of Plymouth Road at Nixon Road. It's cheaper than the nearby Busch's, but the store's quality isn't as high.
- The Westgate Plaza on Jackson Road & Stadium Boulevard skipped over to Maple Road, but is still accessible from Westgate.
- On Michigan Avenue, east of Ypsilanti
- On Carpenter Road, south of Packard Street
- On Whittaker Road, south of I-94
Occasionally, one will hear directions given as "near the ghetto Kroger"; this is somewhat unhelpful, as multiple Krogers are referred to as such, typically depending on which the speaker lives closest to.
Closed Krogers and former Krogers
The Kroger Company has not been shy in its long corporate history of closing a small store in favor of opening a larger store nearby.
- Formerly on Packard Street in the Georgetown Mall (closed with Georgetown Mall); demolished, and The George apartments are now on the site.
- At 1919 South Industrial at East Stadium Boulevard (store info) The store closed in 2014. This location subsequently housed Lucky's Market Ann Arbor, which in turn closed after Kroger divested its share of the Lucky's chain. The space is now Venue by 4M.
- The Broadway Kroger at Broadway and Maiden Lane, which was demolished (date?) and was for some time a vacant lot. An adjacent dry cleaners contaminated the site, making it a brownfield. After much discussion the Lowertown development is now on that location.