The Lake Shore and Michigan Southern railroad ran from Ypsilanti to Bankers, Michigan (in Hillsdale County) via Saline, Bridgewater, and Manchester. The line became the Ypsilanti branch of the New York Central railroad before it was abandoned.
Eventually all the local railroads became part of the New York Central system. In 1881 the former DHI (which by then was the Detroit, Hillsdale, South Western) was leased in perpetuity to the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern, which in turn was linked to the New York Central in 1915. The Michigan Central became part of the New York Central in 1930.
A reorganization, January 30, 1875 of the Detroit, Hillsdale and Indiana Railroad company. The line of this company from Ypsilanti to Bankers, Michigan, 64-74 miles, was leased to the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railway Company, in perpetuity, July 1, 1881. Lease dated September 5, 1881.