Ms. Bullington is a 2010 Democratic Party primary candidate running for a seat representing District 11 on Washtenaw County’s Board of Commissioners.
She has lived on South Boulevard in the Pattengill neighborhood since 1993. She has two grown children, and is retired from a career in computer information technology and education. She has worked as a computer information systems manager, a senior programmer and project manager and was web team leader and member of the University of Michigan School of Business Administration's CIS Department. Before that, she spent eight years as an elementary public school teacher. She holds a BS in Education and Special Education from EMU, as well as a BS in Computer Science.
Community & Civic Involvement:
Ms. Bullington has demonstrated a deep commitment to the Ann Arbor community and to Washtenaw County by donating her time and skills to many organizations and groups.
She was recognized by the Washtenaw Youth Mentoring Coalition as a 2009 Washtenaw Super Mentor.
She has served on or volunteered with the following groups and organizations:
- Ann Arbor City Democrats as an Executive Officer, Vice Chair of Organization, Vice Chair of Communications, member of the Susan Greenberg Scholarship committee and has served as a member of their Nominating Committee.
- Former Executive member of AATA’s Local Advisory Committee as well as a Local Advisory committee member.
- Ward 3 Elected Precinct Delegate.
- Washtenaw County Democrat Ward 3 Delegate and Precinct Representative.
- Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living volunteer and advocate.
Committee member of the Religious Coalition for the Homeless.
- Advocate for Camp Take Notice and other community populations who are homeless.
- Senior Advocates of Washtenaw executive and steering committee member.
- Former Washtenaw County Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled volunteer and instructor.
- Ann Arbor Host Lion’s Club Director, children’s issues committee member and member of the Council of Lions Clubs...
- KidCare Project volunteer.
- Former Project Grow and Discovery Garden volunteer and past instructor.
- Ann Arbor NAACP member and volunteer.
- School anti-Bullying Campaign volunteer.
- Former St. Joseph and Dawn Farm Education Series volunteer.
- Former RSVP volunteer.
- Ann Arbor Golf Association member and volunteer.
- Ann Arbor City Club IT and grounds committee member.
- Ann Arbor Westside Coop member and volunteer.
- Coalition for Voter Access committee member and volunteer.
- Burns Park Senior Center and former Pittsfield Senior Center volunteer and advocate.
- Member of the Alliance of Neighborhoods group, Better Local Neighborhood group and the Virginia Parks Neighborhood group.
- Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition member.