The Wayne County segment of M-14, from Napier Road to I-275, underwent reconstruction over the summer and fall of 2006, snarling eastbound travel from Ann Arbor.
- Pontiac Trail and the last bits of farmland until you hit Eight Mile Road, then go east. Good for travel to Novi. The four way stops at Five Mile Road, Six Mile Road, and Seven Mile Road all slow things down.
- M-14 to Gotfredson Road, then north to North Territorial Road, east to Ridge Road, and north to Five Mile Road. Continue east to Beck Road and then north to the mile road of your choosing.
- Plymouth Road to the town of Plymouth, and then on as Ann Arbor Road at its intersection with I-275. Rural through Superior Township, and then a quick transformation into sprawl at the County line. This is the old M-14 route.
- M-153 - Ford Road - goes further south, through to Canton and I-275. Rural up to the edge of the sprawl, and then very busy and dense and slow. The best way to Ikea.
- I-94 east, then take I-275 or M-39 (Southfield Freeway) north to where you are going.
- M-14 bogs down (Ann Arbor News)
- MATT HELMS: Beware more mess on M-14 this weekend (Detroit Free Press)