VOLUNTEER ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED WITH THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES and PROJECTS:
If you have a passion for helping others, enjoying the outdoors, and being around horses, the Michigan Abilities Center (MAC) has volunteer opportunities that will interest you. Michigan Abilities Center is a year-round equine assisted therapy program that provides services to individuals with physical, mental, emotional and learning challenges. We offer adapted riding programs that focus on abilities, not disabilities.
• Assist with therapeutic riding and hippotherapy sessions (horse handlers and sidewalkers).
Our therapeutic riding/hippotherapy sessions every Wednesday from 2pm-6:30pm, and Saturdays from 8am-1:30pm. Please let us know what day and time works best for you on a regular basis. Previous horse experience welcomed but not required.
• Assist with animal care (e.g. feeding, grooming, mucking)
• Building and Landscape Projects (at a beautiful 60-acre historic farm with abundant wildlife).
• Facility improvements and maintenance (e.g. painting, fence repairs, and build holding stalls).
• Landscaping and gardening activities (e.g. planting, weeding, wood chips, and rock edging)
• Clearing riding trails and trail maintenance, cutting up brush piles and stacking.
Please fill out our Volunteer Form by clicking on the link below.
Once you submit your form, our team will be in contact with you to schedule an orientation session.
Any further questions, please call or email us.
We hope to meet you soon!