The Neue Washtenaw Post's entry in the 1902 Glen V. Mills city directory

The Neue Washtenaw Post was a German language newspaper in Ann Arbor formed in 1894 by Eugene J. Helber. Later in the 1890s it merged with its rival, the Hausfreund and Post, and continued on under the name of the Washtenaw Post under Helber.


The distinctive Art Deco facade was added to this brick building in the early 1930s when the Ann Arbor Tribune occupied this building, on the old site of what had been Fred and Mary Heusel's City Bakery since the 1890s. The Tribune was the outgrowth of a series of German language newspapers, most directly Die Neue Post, published by Eugene J. Helber.