This list of Pages To Add includes things that should be in Arborwiki, but aren't yet. Add new things to work on at the top, and work on them from the bottom? Cycle this page monthly or at least yearly? For older pages see Pages to Add 2013.
September 16, 2014
September 10, 2014
- Teen Volunteers should redirect properly to Volunteer opportunities for youth and teens.
- Vickie Elmer runs Mity Nice Italian Ice.
- Dinnerware Museum had an opening at the Ladies Literary Club.
- Oil Drilling in Scio Township found a dry well. Redirect from Oil and gas exploration
- Ann Arbor Skillshare meets at the Yellow Barn.
- Shanghai Pit was a gravel pit along the Huron River near the current Parker Mill Park.
- Mr. B (Mark Braun) is riding his Joybox Express down the length of the Mississippi River.
- Why Not Pie does home delivery of homemade pies.
- Espresso Bar leaves Braun Court, new shop is Ground Floor Cafe (source)
April 4, 2014
- Manchester United to play Real Madrid at Michigan Stadium on Saturday, August 2. [MGoBlue.com]
- The Old Y Lot sale to Dennis Dahlmann is completed, for a total of $5.25 million. [MLive] [Chronicle]
April 2, 2014
- President Barack Obama had a #2 sandwich with a crunchy pickle at Zingerman's Deli.
- Ypsilanti attorney Raymond Mullins is running for Congress and will go up against Debbie Dingell in the August 2013 election. [WEMU]
April 1, 2014
- President Barack Obama comes to town. [MLive]
- ArborBike bike share locations are announced. [MLive]
- Summer of 42 was an early 1970s ice cream parlor on S State St.
Bill Hart and Jim Hart owned Seyfried Jewelers in Downtown Ann Arbor for more than 35 years. The store closed in December 2013 after 100 years in Ann Arbor. [AADL interview]
Talbots was a clothing store in E Washington St; it moved to Briarwood Mall. [A2Signs]
National Day of Civic Hacking is May 31 - June 1, 2014. Local details TBD, but there's an unconference in the works. [web] [Meetup]
Jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave played the Water Hill Music Fest in 2013. [copyrighted photo]
March 31, 2014
- Rose White Park has a playground.
- Seva is now in Westgate. [MLive]
- Steam tunnels update. [U Record]
- Dots is closing. [MLive]
- PsiKick, an ultra-low-power wireless sensor company, got funding. [UM News Service] [Freep]
- The Promethan was an early 1960s coffee house. [Old News]
March 30, 2014
- Jerusalem Garden is going to move to where Seva used to be. [Facebook] [MLive]
- Mercy's is closing in the Bell Tower Hotel. [Ann Arbor Observer] [MLive]
March 29, 2014
- Lost eateries: Hommus Express [story] on E Liberty St
- Lawsuit: Dascola v. City of Ann Arbor [story] re Bob Dascola, August 2014 election
- Nickels Arcade: Wendy clothing store is closing. Owner is Johnny Vaughn. [story]
- Owen Tien (@ojtien) is the owner of ThingSmiths, a 3D printing shop on S State St. [interview]
- Ann Arbor Seed Company is at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market. [web] [twitter]
- Mayer Hawthorne has a new album coming out with Ypsilanti's 14KT (Kendall Tucker). [Freep story]
- The Washtenaw Food Hub is located at 4175 Whitmore Lake Road. [web]
March 28, 2014
- Pinckney Bakery owners to open Chelsea Bakery, 117 South Main Street, Chelsea; former home of Glee Cake and Pastry [story] [story]
- HomeTown Pharmacy replaces Wenk's Prescription Shop; Hugo Ristow is the wine guy [October 2013 story]
March 26, 2014
- Old Carolina Barbeque is opening [story] [story] next to Potbelly Sandwich Shop and Tony Sacco’s Coal Oven Pizza in Cranbrook Village.
- XanEdu to merge with New York based Sharedbook [story]
- SAMSA is opening an office in Ypsilanti and is hiring [job ad]
- Kroger is not opening a store in Pittsfield Township [story]
- Mark Schlissel is the new U of Michigan president, and Mary Sue Coleman is leaving. [umich announcement]
- Nancy Kaplan is running for Ann Arbor City Council in the Second Ward. [story]
March 25, 2014
- College Inn Pizza closed, STUFD burritos moving in on its place on W Cross St (YpsilantI) [story]
- Big Nick (Nick Stamadianos) used to own the Wonder Bar.
- Matina Lafkas owned the Wonder Bar before Big Nick. [obituary]
- Mark's Carts has a new lineup for 2014 [story] - done
- Seva is open in Westgate [blurb]
- Blank Slate Creamery (ice cream) opening this summer? [blurb] [story] in the old Gro Blue space
- Anderson Villas apartments in Ypsilanti; management company page; homicide [story]
- Piata, new Main Street Ventures restaurant where Kuroshio (and the Pretzel Bell) used to be [story]
- Naked Furniture bankruptcy [story]
March 24, 2014
- Red Shoes store is closed, web site lives on http://www.redshoeshomegoods.com/
- Washtenaw Now new newspaper incorporating out-county Heritage papers; Ann Arbor Journal to close
- Heroin; cover historical problem, current issues
- Jeff Mills / The Wizard 80s DJ - Necto - Nectarine Ballroom
- Noise ordinance and history of same - Teen Night at the Nectarine Ballroom
- Maiz has moved to Depot Town
- Fairy Doors is incomplete
- DrinkDrivers door to door alcohol delivery service - done
More: Pages to Add 2013