On the completion of the Toledo and Ann Arbor Railroad in 1878, a post office was established at the junction.
- Pittsfield Junction, Michigan (Railroad Crossing and Depot) at Pittsfield Township Historical Society
In 1917, the Ann Arbor Railroad erected a new station at Pittsfield Junction, south of Ann Arbor, at a connection with the NYC's Ypsilanti branch. The cost of the station was $2,200. This station took the place of a station that burned down two years before. [MCR-1916 pg. 44]
- Station: Pittsfield Jct., MI, Michigan Railroads
The Pittsfield Jct. depot sat on the southeast side of the railroad crossing, facing both railroads. At its corner was a bay window extending out from both sides of the building, thus affording a view of the tracks in both directions. Inside the office, there were levers controlling the signals and derailers. There were benches along the LS&MS side in the shade, and along the Ann Arbor RR side in the afternoon sun. ... According to the June, 1893 issue of the Official Guide, the LS&MS ran two trains daily except Sunday and the Ann Arbor ran six trains daily except Sunday through this junction. The LS&MS referred to this station as Pittsfield Jct. whereas the Ann Arbor simply referred to the stop as Pittsfield. [MRF-3/1981]