The Pittsfield Preserve is a 535 acre preserve in Pittsfield Township. There are 5 marked trail loops on the property, and trail heads on Marton Road and on Thomas Road.
In April 2002, the 535 acres that currently comprise the Pittsfield Preserve were acquired by Pittsfield Township. This area, along with the previously owned Palmer Park, will define Pittsfield Township, providing space for historic habitat; passive and active parks; and other township facilities. A portion of this space -- at the southeast corner of Morgan and Thomas Roads -- may become an Historic Town Center. This is where the original Town Hall (1853-1955) and old Town Hall School (1840-1957) were located.
Park Facilities, Pittsfield Charter Township