Flour mill listed in the 1872 city directory. Owned at various times by Frank Swift and by William Deubel. Location uncertain to this author, though it's plausible that it was near Swift Street in Ann Arbor's Lowertown.
According to Chapman, the Swift & Co. flouring mill replaced an earlier mill constructed by Anson Brown around 1829, who constructed the dam later used by Swift.
- Chapman, A History of Washtenaw County, 1888 - pg. 888.