Tappan Middle School is located north of Stadium Boulevard and St Francis Drive. Their mascot is the Trojan, and their colors are blue and white. The majority of Tappan students go on to Pioneer High School, although some are in the Huron High School district.
1951: School first opened at the current location on Stadium
Principal: Roberta Heyward
Assistant Principal: Christopher Roberts
2251 E. Stadium Blvd
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Rick Weiler, Assistant Principal
- Luther Corbitt, Co-Principal
- Michael Madison, Co-Principal
- Jazz Parks, Principal
Pedestrian access is available from:
- Stadium Boulevard between Brockman Boulevard and St Francis Drive
- Copely Avenue
- Washtenaw Avenue (via a open air stairway.) There is a school crossing there, leading to a path to the neighborhoods north of Washtenaw.
Parking at Tappan is (somewhat) divided between three closely connected areas:
- Brockman Avenue entrance (north of Stadium)
- Copely Avenue entrance
- and a connecting lot between the two above lots.
Tappan Middle School is the polling place for Ward 3, Precinct 3, of the City of Ann Arbor. Depending on which room the school gives the city, polling takes place in the Cafeteria in the southwest corner of the building or in the Multifunction Room at the northeast end of the building. Please follow the posted signs on election days.