Victor Hugo Lane (May 27, 1852 - January 24, 1930) was a law professor and law librarian at the University of Michigan. Lane Hall on the University of Michigan central campus is named after him.
Victor Hugo Lane was the Fletcher Professor of Law at the University of Michigan from 1897-1928. Previously he served a judge of the Michigan First Judicial Circuit Court from 1888-1897....In addition to his teaching role, Lane was appointed law librarian and served the university in many other capacities including member and chairman of the Board in Control of Intercollegiate Athletics, President of the University Alumni Association and President of the University Y.M.C.A. He was also an active member, serving as elder, of the First Presbyterian Church of Ann Arbor.
- Victor H. Lane, University of Michigan Law School