The Village Apothecary was an independent shop founded in 1930 and located at 1112 S. University Ave. in Ann Arbor. The pharmacy portion of the store closed abruptly in April 2015. Customers were directed to transfer their prescriptions to HomeTown Pharmacy in Ann Arbor, at 2355 E. Stadium Blvd.
The most recent owner of The Village Apothecary is Garry Turner R.Ph. Here's how he described the business (NOTE: source/date unclear):
For 90 years, The Village Apothecary, Inc. has remained an independent family business. We have grown from a small neighborhood drugstore to a modern pharmacy offering traditional prescription services, quality products, and friendly service. We've made it our goal to meet the special healthcare needs of our community. Our pharmacists address questions and concerns completely and confidentially, providing unparalleled service. We hope you'll enjoy shopping at Village Apothecary.
In the news
Customers left without prescriptions after closure of Ann Arbor pharmacy – MLive, May 5, 2015
Village Apothecary steeped in tradition and history – Michigan Daily, Nov. 30, 2014
- 1112 South, City of Ann Arbor Assessor