What to do if the water main breaks, city by city.

Ann Arbor

734-994-1760 days, 734-994-2840 after hours


Field Services is the part of the Field Operations Service Unit responsible for the maintenance of the City’s water distribution system and wastewater and storm water collection systems. The pipes buried beneath the streets carrying drinking water to your home and wastewater away from it, are all under the jurisdiction of Field Services. It is also Field Services who keeps the fire hydrants in your neighborhood in proper working order. And in the middle of a cold winter night when the water main breaks, it’s the people of Field Services who venture out in those freezing conditions to make the repair and keep the water flowing.

To report a water main break please call: (734) 994-1760, Mon. - Fri., 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or (734) 994-2840, All other times.


Ypsilanti Community Utilities Authority 2777 State Road, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48198-9112 734.484.4600

Water main break: x300


Contact the City utility billing line at 734-475-1771, extension 813 with any utility questions or service concerns. Press extension 813 anytime during the initial greeting to reach the utility line.


Map of water mains

In the news