The first Wednesday of every month (usually). Come on over to chat about wikis, show off a project or something you've found, or just listen in.
The bullet-point overview from SocialText (http://SocialText.net/wikiwed):
- Wiki Wednesdays are held (mostly) the first Wednesday of each month
- People get together to chat, learn about wikis, find jobs, talk deals and generally cavort
- You can RSVP, or swing by if you like
- Wiki Wednesday is (usually) the first Wednesday of the month
Time/Location: 2PM at Cafe Ambrosia -- probably downstairs, where there's more seating.
- Jennifer, and
- Devon, both of the UM Business School Library
- Andrew Miller, of Richmond Wiki
- Matt Burton and Garin Fons, who are working on cataloging the Local Food scene
- Edward Vielmetti
- Facebook Connect Plugin - I'm not sure this is ready for primetime yet, or how users would react/comprehend. Unless there are strong opt-in/out features I'm not sure I want to set this up yet Andrew M.
Ideas for Dave
- Information about Category:Gardening: supplies, plants, tips, classes, community plots, shares...
- Local food (contact User:Mrgarin for more information)
- UM events, buildings, resources, history that is open and relevant to the public. The Arb, Matthaei, Library technology, that sort of thing. From the eyes of (generally) non-University folks.
- A Who's responsible page for city issues. Pages for longtime city staff.
- When templates from RichmondWiki are online, point to those as usability.
- "What's your reaction to Arborwiki?" Where are we going wrong? What's going right?
Calendar project: http://delicious.com/a2cal - a calendar aggregation tool; compare with calagator
A distinguished visitor from Richmond VA's Richmondwiki was in attendance and spoke on the topic of semantic wiki and forms handling. Richmondwiki has a great form system that gives a text entry field for each part of a template. Much more usable than the wiki markup system. Matt hopes to copy the templates over to ArborWiki
A discussion of conversion tracking on forms and a suggestion on how to get conversion funnels for multipart stuff; does it require hacking the core or can it be done in add-ons or the theme?
Other things mentioned
- Matt should install the Dynamic Page Lists extension
- Legistar, http://a2gov.legistar.com/Legislation.aspx -- could easily be scraped and put into a relational database to show the network / connections at the City of Ann Arbor.
- City of Ann Arbor Municipal Code, http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=11782&sid=22
- Ted Nelson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nelson
- Purple Numbers http://www.eekim.com/software/purple/purple.html
- Union Wiki http://www.aboutus.org/UnionWiki.org
Holding meeting notes from the distant past.
- Noon or 2 works best for MattH
- First Weds is Ann Arbor DDA lunch, so 2p works best for Ed
- I could possibly make 2p DanR
- BrianKerr is up for 2PM
- Andrew M. can do 2p
- Devon can do 2pm too
- heidigoseek I can be out in A2 before work on Wednesday.
- Tozier will be there with high probability.