|1760 Briarcrest Drive, Bryan, TX 77802|
|Mon-Sat 7 am - 10 pm, Sun 8 am - 9 pm|
|Cash, credit card, other.|
Village Foods is the only known "locally owned" grocery store in the Bryan-College Station. Opening as one of the last new Safeway stores in the Houston division, it spent most of its life as an AppleTree starting in 1989. It was one of the last six stores to survive the break-up of the company and was bought by Tony Kubicek, and would be sold to Jim Lewis in 2008, who did some minor remodels to the store in the process of renaming it (it really never closed, and all employees were retained). It was re-merchandised to have more locally-produced foods and organic items. A notable feature of the store is the Stover Bros. Cafe, created by chef Charles Stover, though Stover and Village Foods have since parted ways. It also briefly served as home to the defunct Northgate eatery Hebert's Cajun Food.
Unable to include seed