The Berkeley Public Library is a public library system with 6 branches. It includes a Tool Lending Library at the South Branch.
It began in 1893 with the founding of the Holmes Public Library which charged one dollar per year. The free public library system was established in 1895.
In 1903 a Carnegie grant paid for a main library which was demolished and superseded by the current one built in 1930.
- Central Branch
- Claremont Branch
- North Branch
- South Branch
- Tool Lending Library
- West Branch.