There are multitudes of places to hike both in Boise and within a short distance from the city.
- Ridge to Rivers Trail System
- Bethine Church River Trail — Unpaved walking trail along the Greenbelt.
- Bogus Basin — Offers hiking in the summer or snowshoeing in the winter.
- Bonneville Point — View the valley and exclaim "Les bois!" like Captain Bonneville, or go hunting for Oregon Trail ruts.
- N. Pierce Park Trail - a "secret" trail from Hill Road
- Table Rock — A short but steep uphill hike. Table Rock provides a great panoramic view of the city, as well as the opportunity to see Boise's iconic cross up close.
- Camel's Back Park