Open Boise is an organization working to advance open government, open data, and civic technology in Boise.
On 3/19, there is an Open Boise Happy Hour taking place, which you should consider coming to.
Boise has a lot going on in the way of open data and community oriented content.
Ideas for future projects include:
- Streaming of City Council Meetings
Hack night for improving public transportation
- Work with ValleyRide to make GTFS/GTFS-realtime data available for use in locale-appropriate apps, e.g. notification of significant route delay or full bike rack
- Apply for City Fellowship with Code for America
- Review Boise data standards in light of Civic Commons' Open Data Guidelines
- Create makerspace in collaboration with local libraries to teach code, encourage play, create digital objects
- Develop civil engagement app to report complaints (ie transportation issues, broken garbage cans, graffiti) to the right entity: ACHD, Valley Ride, City, State: etc.
- Make legislature app to track bills
- Parking app to allow you to reserve spots