Buffalo, New York
Buffalo, NY is geographically located in Erie County New York, is the county seat of the county, is the 2nd largest city in the state, and is adjacent to Canada. Viewed from our waterways, it is at the eastern end of Lake Erie along the head of the Niagara River. It is also conceptualized as a Region of Western New York as well as a City, Mailing Addresses, a Metro Area, an Airport and, of course, a place to "shuffle off to".
Residents refer to themselves as Buffalonians.
Buffalo's nearest large city neighbors include:
- Rochester - The Peoples Wiki Of Rochester (RocWiki) was the inspiration for this site (:>)
- Erie, PA
- Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada and Niagara Falls, NY
Buffalo in the News
- CNNMoney.com declares Buffalo one of the Top Ten Real Estate Markets (Aug 2008)
Notes and References
- Buffalo NY on Wikimapia - lots of features geo-annotated.
- Buffalo on City-Data.com
- History of Buffalo and Western NY on BuffaloNet.org
- BuffaloResearch.com - extended research resources
- Hello Buffalo - also History Page with old photos
- The Buffalonian
- Regional Knowledge Network-RKN Excellent source of regional statistics. The RKN is a resource maintained by the Regional Institute of the University at Buffalo
- University at Buffalo
- http://www.archive.org/details/menofbuffalocoll00chic Men of Buffalo: a collection of portraits of men who deserve to rank as typical representatives of the best citizenship (1902)